The Catty Corner

THIS IS WHERE WE GET TO KEEP IT REAL. MY OPINION IS ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT YOU ARE CERTAINLY ENTITLED TO YOUR WRONG ONE

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

America's Next Top Model: May the Toughest Chick Win

I've been a big fan of America's Next Top Model, ever since the first episode. I find it fascinating in many respects. The first of which is how hard it is to be model. I, like everyone else, have watched models in commercials and it really doesn't seem like much work. Guess again. Forget about smiling and looking sexy. Modeling is about transformation. Learning to be a chameleon. When I first tuned in, I was shocked at the selection process. These weren't the high school homecoming queens. The girls that were selected looked like you or me. OK, I'm 25 years older 50 pounds heavier, but I still turn a head or two, but I digress. Anyway, these girls were pretty ordinary looking. The judges, looked past the obvious beauties and chose girls that might have nothing more going for them than an interesting gap in their teeth. The main criteria was confidence and attitude. After seeing what these girls go through, I can see why these are absolutely mandatory qualities to have. You have to be tough to face the constant criticism and pressure they are under. You might walk in with long, flowing tresses, just to have them shave your head. You get to be dressed as a mermaid while draped in dead fish and dripping nets. If that's not enough fun, you get to dangle upside down over what is surely not a pleasant smelling, fish vendor channel of water, swallowing bile but smiling prettily. One girl had to be rushed to the hospital, suffering from dehydration, food poisoning and exhaustion. Still, she checked herself out of the hospital, determined to prevail and win this all important contest. Despite her illness, she took a great picture and was lauded by the judges for ignoring the chance of dying and performing like a champ. So, be assured, this is not a contest of beauty. It's a contest of wills and may the toughest chick win. By the way, check out my webpage, www.tellmeeverything.com/homepage and tell me everything!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home